Re: Dist. Suggestions

I am not suggesting that it is on CD 4 of 4, I am just suggesting to fill
out the distribution (Tomcat I believe is Open Source) its just a
licensing issue between GPL OSS and NON-GPL OSS.

I would like to see a OPTIONAL software CD, and it doesn't make you
solaris or windows by including this software because YOU ARE NOT FORCING
someone to install it.

It is just nice that when I setup a system I don't have to go hunting around
the NET to go and get versions of software and install them.

I also feel that if linux is going to be widely adopted you HAVE to
including things like JAVA and or NDS (Directory Service OTHER THAN NIS)

It just seems lame that the softwares that are WIDELY used (TOMCAT & JAVA)
under linux are not available right out of the box.

P.S. Yeah yeah I know JAVA is no longer availble under a Winblows env.
anymore eithier but that is another issue.