Re: Dist. Suggestions

On Thursday 21 November 2002 05:47, Forgosh, Seth wrote:
> I have heard rumors that Novell's eDirectory (used to be NDS) will be
> included in the next RH distro. This is a full blown directory solution
> that runs natively on Linux, Windows, Solaris, AIX and of course NetWare.
> Note: No NetWare servers are needed to run eDirectory. Check it out at
> http://www.novell.com/products/edirectory/. If you want to know more, let
> me know.

Is NDS opensource?  Does it adhere to the GPL?  If not one or the other, then
it most likely won't be included in the main distro.

The same for TOMCAT or JAVA as another person asked about.

Once you start including these non open, non free (as in speech) stuff, you
suddenly find yourself running Solaris or Windows, or some other propriatary
OS, and That Aint Good(tm).

--
Jesse Keating
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: