Re: RedHat 8.0 and TNT2 Ultra

Sylvain:

To get 3D acceleration with NVIDIA cards, you need to install their binary-only drivers.

See:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_display_1.0-3123

Best regards, Erwin

Sylvain Jodoin wrote:

Hi,
I'm new to Linux and just installed RH 8.0 Personal Desktop to learn and play with it. Everything seems to work correctly besides graphics. In fact, I just can't enable 3D hardware acceleration (the option is shaded so I can not enable it) with the result that graphical intensive apps are quite slow.
I have a P-III 450 Mhz PC with a Nvidia Riva TNT2 Ultra/32MB-based graphic board.
Any hints, resources, pointers for newbie on how to resolve this would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sylvain.