Re: RedHat 8.0 and TNT2 Ultra

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Sylvain Jodoin wrote:

>I'm new to Linux and just installed RH 8.0 Personal Desktop to
>learn and play with it. Everything seems to work correctly
>besides graphics. In fact, I just can't enable 3D hardware
>acceleration (the option is shaded so I can not enable it) with
>the result that graphical intensive apps are quite slow.

XFree86 does not support 3D accleration on Nvidia hardware,
and as such, Red Hat Linux does not support 3D on Nvidia either.

You need to install Nvidia's proprietary video drivers in order
to get 3D.  Note that they are unsupported by Red Hat, but if you
have problems with them, Nvidia tech support is happy to assist.

Hope this helps,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer