Re: CD-ROM/R/W/DVD Device

Wolfgang Gill wrote:

>Thanks for the reply David.
>
>I've already checked all that. The only /dev/hd? Device listed is the main
>HDD. The cdrom works from the /dev/cdrom link. I've already put the ide-scsi

So what does /dev/cdrom point to? ls -l /dev/cdrom

Every linux install I've done has setup hda-hdd, and sda-sdf, most have
even more. Something is wrong with youre /dev directory is /dev/hda,
hdb, hdc, and hdd are not there.

>in the Grub.conf file. (My system did that automatically, which was where I
>got the idea to try it.)
>
>Cdrecord -scanbus, doesn't list a thing. Even though, the appropriate
>drivers are loaded. It appears that the cdrom is accessed in a different
>way. It doesn't seem to be USB, as my external USB burner can be seen by
>cdrecord.

How about posting the output from lsmod and dmesg? Then we could see what's going on.

	-Thomas