installation of Red Hat 8.0 fails after 55% for openoffice-libs packge

Hi All,

Can anybody help me on the following problem?

I am getting the following error while installing Red Hat Linux 8.0 on my machine.

I am trying to install RedHat 8.0 from hard disk. I have placed all the red hat binary iso images on /dev/hda4 partition (in a long directory path /from_hyd_261002/ocean/RedHat8.0/Binaries).

I am booting my pc with linux 8.0 boot floppy which I created using rawrite boot.img on win98. My root (/) partition is /dev/hda5 (of 5GB) and swap partition /dev/hda6 (of 256MB == RAM). Total hard disk space is 20GB.

Installation goes fine upto 55% and then suddenly it gives following "Error" window and never proceeds beyond it even though I press return constantly.

The error message I see is:-

"The file /tmp/isomedia//RedHat/RPMS/openoffice-libs-1.0.1-8.i386.rpm can not be opened. This is due to a missing file, a bad package, or bad media. Press <return> to try again
[OK]"

At this point of time, I found that out of (Total) 1463 packages to install, 829 (Completed) were installed and 634 were Remaining to install. The size of this package was 125268k.

I thought that this might be a stray error and tried to install 5 times, but the installation got stuck for this package for three times, where installation got stuck once for kernel package and once for kjots-3.0.3-3.i386.rpm.

May anybody please help me resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Ganesh
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com

 Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from http://www.planetm.co.in

Change the way you talk. Indiatimes presents Valufon, Your PC to Phone service with clear voice at rates far less than the normal ISD rates. Go to http://www.valufon.indiatimes.com. Choose your plan. BUY NOW.