Re: Vfat ownership and permissions

> The problem, I think, is that ownership of the vfat partition is set on the vfat partition.  Windows is not friendly to Linux.  So, you can't set permissions from the 'nix side.  You can mount the vfat and have access to the documents, but my experience is, you can not write to that partition.  Not without an emulator that allows you to actually sign into windows, such as vmware.
> AND., of course, you can not access your 'nix partitions from Windows.  Windows sucks.  Probably the best things is just to reformat the drive, wipe windows off and install psyche alone.
> The following is my /etc/fstab which allows me access to the doze docs (but not write permission)
> /dev/hda1    /mnt/doze   auto,users,rw,nohide 0 0
> You'll notice that I set "rw" read/write, but still can't write to the partition.
> If there is a way to get write permission to doze partitoins without an emulator that allows you sign in, I would like to know.

The problem is probably that the permissions on the mounted vfat
partition are owner: rwx, group: rx, world: rx and the owner and group
are both root.

 mount -tvfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/t  -o uid=500

 or adding ,uid=500 in the options column of /etc/fstab

(where uid = the numerical id of your username
 more /etc/passwd | grep YOURUSERNAME    )

--
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP
:	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=adam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk