Red Hat 8.0 NetGear FA311 identification and IRQ assignment.

I noticed that others have this problem, but haven't seen any suggestions
to try or eventual successes mentioned yet.

Kudzu correctly identifies the NetGear FA311 NIC according to pci, but when
trying to configure it and bring it up, gives the error message Unable to
find IRQ for pin 1 of device...  It then assigns IRQ 0 to the card.  Since
the system clock doesn't play well with others, this doesn't work.  You get
the message system or device busy when the card tries to activate.
Overriding this in modules.conf doesn't help, even when kudzu is removed
from startup.

Everything else on the system is correctly identified and works.  There is
very little hardware, and several IRQ's are free, so this shouldn't be a
problem.

Anyone have an idea on what to try next?

Here's what I've done so far:

- I've checked the bios - there is no way to assign an IRQ to a specific
card.

- The card itself is not hardware-configurable - no jumpers.

- The card does not show up in the IRQ list.

- The module being loaded is the current natsemi, which I believe is
correct for this NIC.  Checked for a current version on the SCYLD web site
- I'm already running the current version, so I didn't do anything.

- IFCONFIG doesn't show the card or interface - only loopback.

- IFCONFIG -a shows the card, but with no address.  Since I have DHCP set,
this is correct if the card isn't activating correctly.  I've also tried
giving the card a static address - no luck.

- The card works fine under Windoze - this is a dual-booted machine.  :-(