Re: Kill TWM, kill, kill, kill Re: What happened to Xconfigurator?

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 18:39, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> 2) switchdesk - the name says it all.  It is switch*desk*, and
>    not switch*windowmanager*.  Die hards that want to use custom
>    windowmanagers that come with the system, or add them to the
>    system can configure the wm's manually.
>
> I'm seriously considering option #2 right now, but with the
> possibility of an alternative for choosing window managers.  The
> alternative thing is rather low priority though, and getting even
> lower priority due to whiners complaining.

	Not a bad idea, really.  There's only three complete desktop
environments for Linux that are mature and stable.  Having them as the
only choices in switchdesk and letting users add their own window
managers if they want to is fine.  There only need be GNOME, KDE & XFce
as desktop options.

--
Your mouse has moved.
Windows(R) must be restarted for the change to take effect.