Re: Kill TWM, kill, kill, kill Re: What happened to Xconfigurator?

   >From: "Mike A. Harris" <mharris@redhat.com>
   >Date: Sat Nov 2 2002  6:38pm
   >To:   psyche-list@redhat.com
   >Subj: Re: Kill TWM, kill, kill, kill  Re: What happened to Xconfigurator?
   >
   >On 1 Nov 2002, Jean Francois Martinez wrote:
   >
   >>> Um.. no.  xf86config is _not_ the replacement program.  That
   >>> would be an explicit step backwards to the stone age.  A large
   >>> enough backwards step that I'm surprised that I forgot to remove
   >>> that ancient garbage from RHL 8.0....   ;o)
   >>>
   >>> I'll have to remember to kill that one off next time.  Thanks for
   >>> the reminder.  ;o)
   >>>
   >>> The new config tool is:  redhat-config-xfree86
   >>>

   >>Speaking of things to kill consider killing TWM: it has no redeeming
   >>qualities (there are more featureful WMs with lower memory footprints)
   >
   >I agree with you completely.
   >
   >>and I don't think many people use it.
   >
   >There you would be dead wrong.  There are enough people inside
   >Red Hat alone that use twm, that I'd have tonnes of complaining
   >if I were to remove it entirely.

Right. Removing twm would be a very bad idea.

Personally I use vtwm which is a more advanced version of
twm. I have not checked if vtwm is part of the standard
release. If not, perhaps it should be. If you include vtwm,
then twm can be pulled (because vtwm is completely backwards
compatible with twm).

Freddy