rpm/tar nvidia

Hello,

I have only 4 boxes with RH8, but all with nvidia kernel and glx tars
installed.  All work great.  OpenGL in Flightgear, for example runs
flawlessly.  I did have a problem with one GForce4MX440, that was not
working properly.

What I did lst night was just ssh into the box (I must have messed up the
XF86config pretty good), slap the XF86config.bak (for the old GF2) as
default, then when I restarted I did NOTHING at the finding new hardware...

All is well using the old GF2 config for the GF4, although it, oddly, passes
maybe 10 seconds of black screen before the NVidia splash comes up.

Oh, I have always used the tars, and just done make install for both of
them.

Jim