Re: Creating ones own keyboard shortcuts

Iain Buchanan <iain@pcorp.com.au> writes:
> I agree, it looks worse than regedit :)  At least it tells me that it
> may "wreak havoc and other bad things".

You haven't seen regedit lately! gconf-editor has human-readable keys,
human-readable values, and docs for what to set them to.

You can just edit the text files in ~/.gconf if you want, but not fun.

> How about extended keyboards, or 'internet keyboards'.  Is there any
> support for these extra keys?  Searches on archives and internet provide
> no help.

To find out what those keys are called, run "xev" and type into it.
e.g. if I press "End" it says "(keysym 0xff57, End)"

The accelerator would then be entered into the configuration
as "<Control>End" for example.

Havoc