Re: Creating ones own keyboard shortcuts

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 23:12, Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> wrote:
> Iain Buchanan <iain@pcorp.com.au> writes:
> > How about extended keyboards, or 'internet keyboards'.  Is there any
> > support for these extra keys?  Searches on archives and internet provide
> > no help.
>
> To find out what those keys are called, run "xev" and type into it.
> e.g. if I press "End" it says "(keysym 0xff57, End)"
>
> The accelerator would then be entered into the configuration
> as "<Control>End" for example.

hmm xev looks good, but it doesn't register anything at all for 7 out of
8 of my 'extra' keys on the keyboard.  For the eighth it says
(keysym 0x0, NoSymbol).  Its a 104 key keyboard with 8 extra keys along
the top (so I guess its a 112 key keyboard!)  Is there any way I can
detect these keys?

Thanks
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>