Re: Creating ones own keyboard shortcuts

On Fri, 2002-10-24 at 16:16, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
> Miloslav Trmac <mitr@volny.cz> writes:
> > On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 08:12:18AM -0700, Harry Putnam wrote:
> >> My setup is a fairly stock install with the default gnome desktop.
> >>
> >> I see and item called keyboard shortcuts listed but apparently this
> >> is not where one might set a keycombo to call up an applicatgion of
> >> choice.
> > in gconf-editor. You set the name of the command in one GConf key,
> > and the keybinding in another. Details are in the archive.
>
> Well thanks for the try... but it sailed right over my head.
> This gconf-editor seem about as handy as mammary glands on a bore hog.
I agree, it looks worse than regedit :)  At least it tells me that it
may "wreak havoc and other bad things".

How about extended keyboards, or 'internet keyboards'.  Is there any
support for these extra keys?  Searches on archives and internet provide
no help.

Thanks,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>