Re: Mozilla 1.2b (w/ xft2) and Galeon

Here's what I did - I have a tar file someone posted a link to last
week, which I've posted on my site at
http://www.bluethingy.com/rh8/mozilla-rh8-xft-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz

If you untar this, it gives you a mozilla directory with binaries ready
to go.

I installed the latest mozilla and galeon packages from rhn, then did
the following:

#mv /usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1 -> /usr/lib/mozbak
#mv path/to/new/mozilla /usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1

I haven't found anything to be broken yet, plus Galeon now displays AA'd
fonts (not in the menu or toolbars, though). The only issues are that
standard sans-serif displays as Arial or Helvetica italics (same for the
UI fonts in Mozilla, unless I run it as root, in which case it's one of
the serifed fonts - Nimbus Roman, I think), and I haven't found yet
where to fix it yet.

Michael Knepher <limbo@bluethingy.com>