Re: How should i make my computer with another OS make myLinux-box connect to internet with ppp?

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 23:12, dTd wrote:

> sure but that's not what he asked for. He wants to be able to control his ppp
> connection from a lan box with a graphical app. Like a remote kppp, so he can
> bring the connection up and down.

Well then his first email was ambiguous. I see that he has responded to
another part of this thread saying that he indeed wanted manual control
of the connection. If you make the modifications I talked about, you
don't NEED to control it; it will all be automatic.

The only problem with it being completely automatic is that he's running
XP behind it. I just saw a web page last week that talked about 18
different ways that XP "phone's home" to Microsoft. (I can't find the
link again though; hints are certainly welcome.) After reading that,
it's my understanding that some features of XP won't work unless the
connection is open. So, with XP, the connection is going to basically
need to be open all the time when he's doing something anyway.

I'm spinning off topic,
dk

--
David "Dunkirk" Krider
Acts 17:28, "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being."

enterprise 2.4.18-17.7.xsmp #1 SMP Tue Oct 8 11:00:33 EDT 2002
  6:23am  up 1 day,  4:35,  0 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.03, 0.00
Linux: Will you use the power for good... or for AWESOME?