Re: How should i make my computer with another OS make myLinux-box connect to internet with ppp?

lör 2002-10-19 klockan 20.16 skrev Jesse Keating:
> On 19 Oct 2002 20:08:24 +0200
> Kent Nyberg <blurk@telia.com> wrote:
>
> # I want my linuxbox that connects to the internet with pppd to be able
> # to share the connection with my other computer running windows xp.
> # I think i can manage to use masq and that stuff to share the
> # connection when it is upp and running but i want to make it so that
> # the other computer can "tell" my linuxbox to connect (and disconnect).
> # Can some one post some information about where to read more about
> # this? I have never done this before and have no clue about what to do.
>
> I've heard you can do this with "dial-on-demand" scripts.  I've never
> done it though.

Well, i know i can make my system dial on demand. I have looked a little
bit in wvdial documentation but did not find much about dial on demand
but i know it should work. But i realy want the window-machine not to
make my Linuxbox dial on to internet every time it lookes up something
on the internet. I want it to pop ups some kind of "Do you realy want to
dial to the internet?" and some way to disconnect the connection from
the windows-machine. My ISP is very expensive and i do not have
broadband. :(