Re: php/apache??

--On Friday, October 18, 2002 10:04:36 +0100 Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 08:04:53PM -0600, Tommy McNeely wrote:
>> I wondered if I did or not... the problem was I "fixed" the short open
>> tag  second.. so I dunno :)
>>
>> but to support legacy scripts (.php3) I would need to do something like
>> what I did...
>
> Ah, yes, true.  Or better, extend the existing <Files> section to
> something like:
>
>  <Files ~ "\.(php|php3|phtml)">

ok..

>> also, it looks like any file that ends in php might get
>> processed twice by the PHP processor??? it will get PRE and POST
>> processed.. right?
>
> Well if you have added that "AddType application/x-httpd-php" *as well*
> as the <Files>/AddOutputFilter section in conf.d/php.conf, then things
> may have become confused, yes.

hehe.. its working for now, but I will fix it when I get a chance.. I meant
the face that by default it does both PRE and POST "filtering" through PHP.

>> Also.. does anyone have some sort of cool alias or rewrite rule to make
>> it  so you can put scriptname.phps and it will automatically open
>> scriptname.php in the source viewer??
>
> You mean a browser's "view source" window?  I don't think you'll be able
> to do that; maybe using some JavaScript or something.

http://www.php.net/source.php?url=/index.php

PHP has a source viewer built into it.. makes it easier to find stupid
syntax errors and the such.. but I think my answer is on the page above :)

>> I'll take a look at that migration guide... I already decided to put
>> each  "vhost" in a separate file in /etc/httpd/virtual.d/* similar to
>> the way the  php module gets loaded.. it makes adding/removing them a
>> LOT easier :)
>
> Yup, the Include statement is very nice for things like that.  Make sure
> to include a wildcard pattern "virtual.d/*.conf" otherwise if you leave
> editor backup files etc in "virtual.d" they will get picked up.

hehe.. I already came across that.. my friend likes to make .bak files
before he starts :))

> Regards,
>
> joe
>

> --

Tommy McNeely      --     Tommy.McNeely@Sun.COM
Sun Microsystems - IT Ops - Broomfield Campus Support
Phone:  x50888 / 303-464-4888   --  Fax:  720-566-3168
Pager:  800-200-5968 / 2005968@skytel.com