Re: php/apache??

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 08:04:53PM -0600, Tommy McNeely wrote:
> I wondered if I did or not... the problem was I "fixed" the short open tag
> second.. so I dunno :)
>
> but to support legacy scripts (.php3) I would need to do something like
> what I did...

Ah, yes, true.  Or better, extend the existing <Files> section to
something like:

 <Files ~ "\.(php|php3|phtml)">

> also, it looks like any file that ends in php might get
> processed twice by the PHP processor??? it will get PRE and POST
> processed.. right?

Well if you have added that "AddType application/x-httpd-php" *as well*
as the <Files>/AddOutputFilter section in conf.d/php.conf, then things
may have become confused, yes.

> Also.. does anyone have some sort of cool alias or rewrite rule to make it
> so you can put scriptname.phps and it will automatically open
> scriptname.php in the source viewer??

You mean a browser's "view source" window?  I don't think you'll be able
to do that; maybe using some JavaScript or something.

> I'll take a look at that migration guide... I already decided to put each
> "vhost" in a separate file in /etc/httpd/virtual.d/* similar to the way the
> php module gets loaded.. it makes adding/removing them a LOT easier :)

Yup, the Include statement is very nice for things like that.  Make sure
to include a wildcard pattern "virtual.d/*.conf" otherwise if you leave
editor backup files etc in "virtual.d" they will get picked up.

Regards,

joe