DVD, Audigy and AC3

Has anyone actually got their Audigy or Sound Blaster Live! cards to do
any AC3 decoding when watching a DVD? From what I understand, the whole
point of these cards is to have an on-board AC3 decoder. Is it a linux
thing? I don't actually use windows, so I'm not sure if it works under
that either.

I've tried both the ALSA and opensource creative drivers without any
luck. Oh and if anyone knows what's the proper audio plugin for Ogle if
you aren't running ALSA? OSS? Matthias ships if configured for ASLA. ;-)

All the speakers work properly. I have independent volume controls of
front/sub, center, and rear via the mixer, but the card only seems to be
doing stereo decoding. The center channel is just a sum  of the
left+right channels and the rears are a mirror of the front.

--Chris

--
Homepage: http://interclypse.net
Registered Linux user #215241 (http://counter.li.org/)