Re: Segfaults and Memory Test Failures

Cochran Robert L (NO) wrote:
> Thanks, Tom. I have 4 fans running in the case, an Antec Plus880 case
> with 3 standard fans and an optional side panel fan. I'll try your
> suggestions -- lm_sensors does sound like it has possibilities. I'll
> wave my hand next to the RIMMs also.

Wow, you should have plenty of cooling capacity.  Even if only 70% of it
is working, it certainly appears that you have enough airflow to keep
the system from overheating.

I'd suspect the motherboard or CPU at this point.  Get the temperature
measurements first thought, and make sure you check lm_sensor output
with the actual readings in the bios.  SOmetimes the conversion factors
used by lm_sensors can give inaccurate readings.

Tom