Re: Observations

Pierre Lamb wrote:
> The doc say at the boot: prompt you can type linux
> mediacheck then it supposed to ask the locaction of
> the iso files . It DOES NOT DO THAT.

Then how does it find the iso files to do the install?
Did you boot from a floppy or CD?

> Also the requirement to have iso file on and non VFAT
> or NTFS file system. Many users will download using
> WIN200 or XP using VFAT or NTFS systems.

NTFS is totaly unsupported in Red Hat Linux. Has been that
way since before RHL-5.0. Hard drive installs have supported
FAT and VFAT for a long time. Looking at the anaconda code
it's unclear what filesystem type it tries to mount the isodir
as. I'm not very good with python :(

I'll try to get the iso images on VFAT filsystem to check
though.

> The thinkpad uses a ATI rage 128 mobility chip set it
> works properly under rh7.1 but when I do a fresh
> install of rh8.0 the dccprobe reports unknow. But if I

So it misdetects the monitor (LCD in your case).
Does it work with a CRT attached instead?

	-Thomas