Re: "OMF file [/usr/share/omf/anjuta/anjuta-faqs-ja_JP.eucJP.omf] does not validate against ScrollKeeper-OMF DTD"

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 10:59:09AM -0500, Alejandro Gonz?lez Hern?ndez - Imoq wrote:

> > Just a guess, but you have a package named 'anjuta', and its omf file
> > for registering with scrollkeeper is not valid. Probably the older omf
> > syntax. And when scrollkeeper updates its databases it trips over
> > this. man scrollkeeper. It keeps document metadata so you can access
> > the package docs via things like help browsers as I understand it.
>
> Hal:
>
> Thank you for the guess, but I do not have an anjunta package:
>
> [root@imoqland root]# rpm -qa | grep anjunta
> [root@imoqland root]# locate anjunta
> [root@imoqland root]#
>
> Do you have any other idea? As I told before, installed packages
> seem to work well but I don't like the idea of looking at those
> errors/warnings.

I think the warnings are harmless. The worst that can happen is you
cannot acces anjunta docs (whatever that is) from within the help
system (yelp, or whatever it is). Since you don't know what anjuta is,
then missing the help files might not be a big deal. Maybe it is part
of some other package? Maybe it was installed via source and not rpm?
I dunno, maybe try 'rpm -qf' on that file or search google to find
what it is (not on my system and never heard of it). I think to fix
the warnings, you will need an updated omf file for that package (or
maybe just uninstall it, which probably requires the right
scrollkeeper voodoo to unregister it). The omf file is an xml file
that contains metadata like author, license type, etc. But the format
is very strict, and changed not too long ago.

--
Hal Burgiss