Re: Observations

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pierre Lamb" <plamb_98@yahoo.com>
To: <psyche-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: Observations

> Also the requirement to have iso file on and non VFAT
> or NTFS file system. Many users will download using
> WIN200 or XP using VFAT or NTFS systems.

I suspect that ISO installation from VFAT and NTFS will come in the future,
because Linux read-only support for both filesystems are already stable
today.  We should file an RFE about this.

> The thinkpad uses a ATI rage 128 mobility chip set it
> works properly under rh7.1 but when I do a fresh
> install of rh8.0 the dccprobe reports unknow. But if I
> do an upgrade of 7.1 to 8.0 it works.
>
> redhat-config-xfree86 doesn't help either.
>
> Pierre

"text" mode installation works right?  After installation we will have a
much easier time debugging this problem, eventually to make it auto-detect
properly.