Re: Win2000 Smb shares Mounten

Hi,

> //server/username   /mnt/server   smbfs
> noauto,username=johan,password=12345,rw 0 0
> I can mount the thing (only as root) but could not write to it
> How can i mount the share and write to it as a NORMAL user???

add the option "user" or "users" to your fstab line, and have a look at
the following lines from the smbmnt man page:

DESCRIPTION
smbmnt is a helper application used by the smbmount program to  do  the
actual  mounting of SMB shares.  smbmnt can be installed setuid root if
you want normal users to be able to mount their SMB shares.

You should do:
[root@devil root]# chmod u+s /usr/bin/smbmnt

After applying the suid bit to smbmnt, each user should be able to mount
the partition

Cheers, Duncan