Re: Observations

Pierre Lamb wrote:
> A few items:
>
> 1) STILL CAN'T READ A VFAT HARD DRIVE WHEN YOU USE A
> BOOTABLE FLOPPY.

Not sure what you mean. During the install or
after the install?

> 2) Docs say you can run "linux mediacheck" even when
> you boot from a floppy and the iso's are on a hard
> drive --- tried many times never got it to work.

What happens? If you boot the installer, select the install
type, and media location, it should ask you if you want to
verify the images. What does it do instead?

> 3) My laptop (ThinkPad A22M) will not properly setup
> under X but it did on RH7.1

What video chip does it use?
Have you tried the more generic drivers,
like vesa or vga?

What driver does the installer and redhat-config-xfree86
pick for you?
What errors do you get when you try to start X?

	-Thomas