Re: Linux 8.0 personal or professional, What to buy?

In my opinion there is no real value-added reason for buying the 'Pro'
boxed set in terms of additional software. I bought mine hoping there
might be a nice Oracle or DB2 CD inside -- of the fully functional type,
I mean. I also thought I would get one additional Red Hat Network
entitlement. (I already have one entitlement I paid for and a second I
got from buying one of the 7.x boxed sets.) No such luck on any count.
I'll keep dreaming! There was also an impulse to throw money at Red Hat.
So...I ended up buying the Pro boxed set and...
Downloading all 6 CDs and...
activating the product activation code I got, and...
Playing with the DVD a bit, including an installation attempt, and...
then doing all the real installation from my downloaded iso files
because NFS image installs are really fast.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA