Re: Linux 8.0 personal or professional, What to buy?

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 20:46, Robert L. Cochran wrote:
> In my opinion there is no real value-added reason for buying the 'Pro'
> boxed set in terms of additional software. I bought mine hoping there
> might be a nice Oracle or DB2 CD inside -- of the fully functional type,
> I mean. I also thought I would get one additional Red Hat Network
> entitlement. (I already have one entitlement I paid for and a second I
> got from buying one of the 7.x boxed sets.) No such luck on any count.
> I'll keep dreaming! There was also an impulse to throw money at Red Hat.
> So...I ended up buying the Pro boxed set and...
> Downloading all 6 CDs and...
> activating the product activation code I got, and...
> Playing with the DVD a bit, including an installation attempt, and...
> then doing all the real installation from my downloaded iso files
> because NFS image installs are really fast.

----
The way I understand it...1 machine per email address - you could have
entitled 2 computers by registering a 2nd email address. I don't think
the 'entitlements' would apply anyway from let's say a 7.3 box when you
have upgraded it with 8.0

Craig