Re: new sendmail configuration

At 10:04 PM 10/11/2002, you wrote:
>Poke around their site again and look for the release notes for
>v8.12.x, and the SECURITY file in /usr/share/doc/sendmail-8.12.*/
>
>In summary: sendmail is no longer suid root for locally generated
>emails, it is group suid, with the group being smmsp.  In essence,
>locally-generated mail is now treated exactly like external mail.

Thank you Tony, I never thought to look there (/usr/share/doc/sendmail) for
info, but that is exactly what I was looking for.  Also to note was the bit
about auto-generated sendmail.cf files, I am sure that one would have bit
me a couple of times before I figured it out.

Pete

Pete Huckelba

Stata Corporation
4905 Lakeway Drive