RE: netbios name resolution with samba

Any chance that you have more than one wins server?  Maybe there's a
battle for master browser or pdc going on behind the scenes?  Do you
have a Linux username/password pair and an exactly matching Samba
username/password pair on the box?  I believe I remember seeing that
behavior when the 2 don't match.  Reboot the windows box after the
samba server has been up for at least an hour.  Just some ideas...

Jim