Re: Redhat 8 missing smp-kernel as stated by a bugzilla op, but aguy says something else?

Jay Turner wrote:

>Just one note here.  I seem to remember that if you explicitly select to
>install the SMP kernel in the installer, then it will be made the default
>boot kernel.  I might be smoking crack, but I think that I remember this.
>
>- jkt

This is a really good point. At least on 7.3, if you specifically choose
to install the SMP kernel - and not let the installer handle this for
you - Bad Things (TM) happen (though I can't remember what they were). I
didn't have the guts to try it again and waste an install on 8.0. Unless
RedHat has fixed this specific problem with 8, they need to make a note
of it somewhere, like maybe the release notes or something.

dk