Re: Problems with dual boot setting

>On my new comp first I installed RH 8 (root is /dev/hda6). After that I
>installed Windows XP Professional on /dev/hda1. Windows rebooted and
>worked fine. Then i started RH from CD to bring back lilo. Since then,
>lilo works, linux works, but when i try to start XP i get something
>like "Please remove other media" message. Here is that part of lilo:
>
>other=/dev/hda1
>         optional
>         label=DOS
>
>Does Win XP Pro requires some special parameters to start ?
>--
>Eng. Dusan Djordjevic (RHCE)
      Since RH 7.2, I have always chosen GRUB when dual booting.  And I
always recommend installing the Windows OS first, then Linux, when dual
booting.  This order has always worked for me.  The other doesn't always
work.  I teach in a college where our students frequently have to dual
boot, and sometimes triple boot.  Try setting up a hard drive to triple
boot Linux, Windows 2000 Server, and Novell Netware sometime! ;{)

-Basil