Re: Bleeding edge blues

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 14:24, Allan M. Stewart wrote:
> Someone threw a bunch of money at a vendor and we wound up with:
>
>  Intel Server Board SE7500WV2 with Intel E7500 chipset
>  2 gig mem
>  Adaptec 2110 raid controller (also tried adaptec 3410 raid and
>     onboard Adaptec SCSI but still no joy)
>  2X Intel Pentium 4 1.80AGHz processors
>  all for install in SR2300 rack chassis

Intel sent me results for that board, and it got certified (but not with
the Promise ATA backplane) using the Adaptec 7899 (onboard?) controller.
They did not tell me about any problems installing or running it. Are
you using LVM? I have heard that the initrd when using LVM and multiple
scsi adapters can get quite large. You might try reinstall using 'linux
noprobe' and load only the drivers you need to boot the system. Add
support for all other cards to the modules.conf only, post-install.

--
Chris Kloiber