Re: FTP installation problems.

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 15:46, Balandar Magister Officiarum wrote:
> I gave up on burning the ISOs.. I have tried blindwrite, Nero, and Easy
> CDCreator.. couldn't get any of them to work. I tried with 3 different
> brands of CDs and tried running the media check on 3 different
> cd-roms/cd-rws. Sooo.. going to try ftp.
>
> I created the boot disk bootnet.img and also the drvnet.img. When I get to
> the point where it asks which installation method to use (NFS, FTP, HTTP) I
> have the following problem:
>
> I select FTP
> I select F2 for the drivers disk (NE200 not listed by default)
> I select NE2000 for my Linksys Ether16 Lan Card
> It says loading driver....
> Then it goes back to the selection screen for me to choose which
> installation type I want.
>
> Instead of moving on to the TCP/IP screen or whatever happens to be next it
> just asks me NFS, FPT, HTTP again and then what driver I want. Basically it
> just keeps going around and around and around.
>
> Anyone know why it is doing this?

Switch to ALT-F3 (or ALT-F4, can't remember) after trying to load the
module. I'm guessing the module did not load either correctly or at all.
Try other modules until you find one that works. IIRC there were two
ne2000 drivers in the past, ne2000 and ne2k-pci. I just looked and could
not find ne2000 on my system. So if your ne2000 is ISA based, it looks
like it's time for you to upgrade your nic.

--
Chris Kloiber