Re: Old Video Card Problem in RH9

Hey guys! Please don't don't get agro over this issue.

'Tis I, "bbb", Big Bad Baz .... A long story

All I can say is I am totally humbled over the effort put in to resolve my
issue. Thankyou all.

I am a Linux Novice, if not a newbie, well versed in programming (even done
a little Assembler). I am finding my adventure here totally daunting. Hence
the big delay in actually signing up for this list.

I went out today and bought a second hand card that is on the current S3
supported hardware list. I will let you know how it goes. If anyone wants
my old 864 card to play with, I will gladly post it (and cover cost of
postage)

As you are aware, my hardware is ancient, but I am treating this project as
someone who would lovingly restore an old car. It has been a thrilling
learning experience, and one that has made me a total convert to this
community.

I look forward to future dealings.

BBB