Re: ATI Radeon 9200 SE

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Gene C. wrote:

>> Put what into bugzilla?  What problem are you having?
>
>Well, Mike Harris usually perfers bugzilla reports for any "problem".  IIRC,
>he has requested that un-recognized chipids be reported.

Indeed.  ;o)

>While XFree86 itself seems to recognize the card, neither anaconda (the
>installer) nor the redhat-config-xfree86 tool recognize it.

Yep, there are some ID's that didn't get updated in the pcitable.
;o/

>> > 2. Any tips or things I should try to get it to work "better" ... it
>> > works OK
>> > not for the limited use I need.
>>
>> Can you elaborate?  what do you mean by "better?"
>
>Since I was not sure the adapter was being recognized properly by XFree86, I
>was wondering about faking it with another some other chipid.

If X detects it, but no tthe config tools, it's just a case of
missing pcitable and/or Cards database entries.  Once in a while
it happens due to human error.  It's too bad we can't automate
this kind of thing.  ;o/

--
Mike A. Harris