Re: ATI Radeon 9200 SE

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Gene C. wrote:

>I recently purchased an ATI Radeon 9200 SE adapter.  This appears to be
>"powered by ATI" and "built by Gigabyte".  I tried installing Fedora Core 1
>on a system with this adapter and although the install went fine, this
>adapter was not really recognized by either the installer or
>redhat-config-xfree86.  The relevant lspci info is:
>
>lspci -n ---------------
>01:00.0 Class 0300: 1002:5964 (rev 01)
>01:00.1 Class 0380: 1002:5d44 (rev 01)
[snip]
>1. Should I put this info into bugzilla?

Sure.

>2. Any tips or things I should try to get it to work "better"
>... it works OK not for the limited use I need.

This specific chip ID is probably missing from pcitable and the
Cards database.  Once in a while when adding new chip support, an
ID gets left out here or there creating an inconsistency.  It's a
pretty simple fix though once someone reports the problem.  Any
time something like this occurs, just file a bug report in
bugzilla, and when I'm updating PCI ID lists, I'll try to
incorporate the missing data for future updates, etc.

TIA

--
Mike A. Harris