Re: ATI Radeon 9200 SE

On Monday 01 December 2003 09:23, Alex Deucher wrote:
> --- "Gene C." <czar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> > (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
> > (--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
> > (WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID
> > PCI:1:0:1) found
>
> You can ignore this.  Newer radeon adapters have a secondary ID as a
> flag for the windows drivers, but the xfree86 driver doesn't need it.

Good news!  Thanks.

> > (--) Chipset ATI Radeon 9200 5964 (AGP) found

>----------------
>
> > 1. Should I put this info into bugzilla?
>
> Put what into bugzilla?  What problem are you having?

Well, Mike Harris usually perfers bugzilla reports for any "problem".  IIRC,
he has requested that un-recognized chipids be reported.

While XFree86 itself seems to recognize the card, neither anaconda (the
installer) nor the redhat-config-xfree86 tool recognize it.

> > 2. Any tips or things I should try to get it to work "better" ... it
> > works OK
> > not for the limited use I need.
>
> Can you elaborate?  what do you mean by "better?"

Since I was not sure the adapter was being recognized properly by XFree86, I
was wondering about faking it with another some other chipid.
--
Gene