Re: Newer ATI Radeon, ATI FireGL, and Nvidia GeForce/Quadrohardware support

Hello,

Do you have already an idea for the driver for an ATI Radeon 9600 TX ?
When I'm trying to do a startx, I receive the following message
XFree86 Version 4.3.0 (Red Hat Linux release: 4.3.0-2)

Release Date: 27 February 2003

X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6

Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.20-3bigmem i686 [ELF]

Build Date: 27 February 2003

Build Host: porky.devel.redhat.com

* * *

(EE) RADEON(0): No valid mode found for this DFP/LCD

(II) UnloadModule: "ati"

(II) UnloadModule: "i2c"

(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libi2c.a

(II) UnloadModule: "ddc"

(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libddc.a

(II) UnloadModule: "int10"

(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a

(II) UnloadModule: "vgahw"

(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvgahw.a

(II) UnloadModule: "radeon"

(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:

no screens found

I tried to add on the /etc/X11/XF86Config the option
ChipID "0x4150"
But it is not compliant

Do I have to wait for a driver ? Is there a workaround ?

Regards,
July