Re: tweaking desktop.... xvidtune?

see if you can find out what mode you are running in windows (hsync,
vrefresh, etc.) then create an identical modeline in xfree86.  I had a
similar problem with my old matrox card, and it was because windows was
using 75hz refresh rate and xfree was using something else.  I adjusted
the modeline in xfree to send the monitor the same mode, and then
everything was centered under both OSes.

Alex