Re: tweaking desktop.... xvidtune?

Desmond Lee wrote:
I can solve this problem by physically adjusting my monitor settings again, but I have to do this every time I boot from one os to the other. I know that you can change this in freebsd by running the ‘xvidtune” command and editing your /etc/X11/XFConfig file. But I tried this in redhat 9.0 and got no love… instead it couldn’t even run the Xserver.

Can you post the Modeline you got from xvidtune and you XF86Config file?
Also, the log file when X won't start would help too. Best to start X form runlevel 3, so gdm doesn't keep trying to start X.

It should work, but the Modelines are a but different in XF86 4+.
I have one in my XF86Config file that works fine.

-Thomas