tweaking desktop.... xvidtune?

Hello there

I have a linux box that also runs windows 98. So here’s the problem, if I boot in windows my desktop is configured (by the physical monitor settings) to take up as much space on the monitor as possible. Then, when I go to linux on the same box (with the same monitor) my desktop is slight shifted over to the right such that part of my desktop is cut off.

I can solve this problem by physically adjusting my monitor settings again, but I have to do this every time I boot from one os to the other. I know that you can change this in freebsd by running the ‘xvidtune” command and editing your /etc/X11/XFConfig file. But I tried this in redhat 9.0 and got no love… instead it couldn’t even run the Xserver.

I found someone else who had a similar problem, but I don’t think that anyone proposed a solution to this? One person recommended using Xconfigurator, but this doesn’t help me adjust the screen to shift to the left.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Desmond