Re: problems

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Thiago Locatelli da Silva wrote:

>Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 16:01:20 -0300
>From: Thiago Locatelli da Silva <thiagols@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: xfree86-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: problems
>
>Hi there,
>    I'm having problems on my linux box. When I type 'startx' on console, i
>have to wait about 2 seconds to startx start to work. After that, when kde
>is up, the same problem occurs any application have a delay to start. For
>example, when I click the konqueror icon, its starts after a seconds of
>wait. I dont know what to do.
>
>I hope you can help me, and sorry my poor english.

Make sure /tmp/.ICE-unix is owned by root:root

Also, while X is starting up, try moving the mouse around and
pressing the shift, ctrl, and alt keys randomly.  If this makes X
start faster, then your system isn't generating enough entropy,
however that shouldn't delay application startup times, just the
X server.

--
Mike A. Harris