Can I disable the fancy RENDER cursor?

 To put it another way: the pretty cursor appears to software-rendred (it
flickers quites badly) and I want the nice hardware cursor back :)

 Is this possible without hacking about inside the server? Is it possible
to rebuild the server and have it default back to the old monochrome cursor
otherwise (I know the new ones look nice, but ...) I remember a while ago
the fancy cursor was enabled in a patch in one of your development releases
Mike, but I can no longer see a patch for it, just some bugfixes for ATI
cards.