Re: Can I disable the fancy RENDER cursor?

On Sun, 18 May 2003, Bill Crawford wrote:

>To put it another way: the pretty cursor appears to
>software-rendred (it flickers quites badly) and I want the nice
>hardware cursor back :)

Unless you've disabled hardware cursors manually, or are using
hardware which does not support color cursors in hardware, then
you should be using hardware cursors already.  Consult your X
server log to be sure.  Also, you may want to play with both the
swcursor and hwcursor options.

>Is this possible without hacking about inside the server? Is it
>possible to rebuild the server and have it default back to the
>old monochrome cursor otherwise (I know the new ones look nice,
>but ...) I remember a while ago the fancy cursor was enabled in
>a patch in one of your development releases Mike, but I can no
>longer see a patch for it, just some bugfixes for ATI cards.

If you really do want to disable the new cursor code, use
XCURSOR_THEME, or the Xcursor X resources, or the cursor
config file.  Details of this should come out of google fairly
easily, it's an FAQ.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
TTYL