Re: Can I disable the fancy RENDER cursor?

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Unless you've disabled hardware cursors manually, or are using
> hardware which does not support color cursors in hardware, then
> you should be using hardware cursors already.  Consult your X
> server log to be sure.  Also, you may want to play with both the
> swcursor and hwcursor options.

 It's a G400 and I've never had any trouble with cursors .. but I
don't think it likes ARGB ones.

> If you really do want to disable the new cursor code, use
> XCURSOR_THEME, or the Xcursor X resources, or the cursor
> config file.  Details of this should come out of google fairly
> easily, it's an FAQ.

 I did have a little ook around before asking :)

 Google throws up a link to listman.redhat.com though ;) LOL

 Thanks for answering anyway. Fix found. Cheers.

> Hope this helps.

 It does. Thank you for being patient. In my defence I did STFW, but  ...