Re: How turn off antialiasing? Gnome problem?

Stuart,

Thanks for the tip.  Previously, I remember that I tried most of the
things you recommend but possibly not all of them at the same time.
Anyway, the best result I got was anti-aliasing sort-of turned off but
with text missing big chunks.

Setting the environment variable GDK_USE_XFT=0 finally did get fully rid
of anti-aliasing and restored everything to aliased visibility.  Did
setting the  environment variable not work for you?

Also, do you happen to know if the Nautilus preference toggles
GDK_USE_XFT?

Scott