Re: XFree86-4.3.0-5 released to rawhide

On Tue, 6 May 2003, David Willow wrote:

>> You can download the RPMs of this release from:
>>
>>       ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/testing/9/XFree86/4.3.0-5
>>
>> Download _all_ of them, and upgrade using:
>>
>>       rpm -Uvh XFree86-*.rpm
>
>This directory does not exist.  Are the RPMs available somewhere else?

When I upload RPMs to people.redhat.com, if someone goes lookign
for them and doesn't find them, it is because either:

1) The RPMs have made it to rawhide now, and are mirrored around
the world where it is much easier to access, and doesn't cut into
my disk space quota, so the files get axed.

or

2) I've built new packages than the ones previously updated, and
they're either uploaded there, or in rawhide.

or

3) I've found a flaw in the packages that is bad enough that I've
removed them in order to prevent users from upgrading to
something with an ugly bug that I can easily fix.

In all cases, check rawhide first.  If it isn't in rawhide and
isn't on my ftp space on people.redhat.com, then it isn't
available.  Wait a day and try again.  Rinse and repeat if
necessary.  ;o)

Take care,
TTYL

--