Radeon 7500 M config questions

I have a couple of questions regarding my Dell Latitude C640 with the
above video system.  I looked at XFree86.org, but I couldn't find clear
answers.

(1) Can the panel display multiple resolutions?  If so, what needs to be
in XF86Config to enable that and what hot keys change the resolution?

(2) When I plug in an external monitor, it displays the same image as the
panel, but even though the panel is 1024x768, the external monitor seems
to be displaying a much lower resolution.  How can I configure the
external monitor for 1024x768 or to match the panel resolution?

(3) Can I enable switching the external display and panel on and off using
Fn-F8?

(4) Can the external monitor be used in multi-head mode?  (I gather the
answer to this question has been no.)

TIA.

--
		Matthew Saltzman