Radeon logout crash in RH9 (also with 4.3.0-5)

Hi guys!

I have a Red Hat 9 with XFree 4.3.0-5 which crashes when I logout from X.

My video card is a ATI Radeon 7200. The hardware browser names the device
"Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 64 DDR]".

When I choose the "Log Out" from the menu the screen turns dark one or two
"steps" before freezing. At the same point every time. I have 2 other Red Hat 9
systems where everything works fine, although with different video hardware.

I am not sure if this is a XFree problem, I guess it could be related to other
hardware parts also? Anyway, how can I turn up the debugging/logging level?
Sofar there is nothing in my ".xsession-errors" nor in "/var/log/XFree86.0.log".

I would appriciate any help I can get on this issue, as I am really impressed
with the newer XFree versions. Looks very nice indeed.

Cheers!

--
Thomas Willert
Petkumstrasse 19